As a company committed to championing local causes, we’re acutely aware of the role community land trusts (CLTs) play in modern society. We know that they often offer more than affordable housing, providing resources and workspaces for people from all walks of life.

That’s why we’re dedicated to supporting CLTs. By providing insurance services and risk management advice to these organisations, we ensure they have the protection they need for a wide variety of risks. 

    • Independent insurance broker 
    • Competitive premiums*
    • Annual reviews
    • Experienced Claims team
    • Access to a 24-hour legal advice line

Who is Community-Land Trust Insurance for?

Community Land Trust Insurance covers any independent organisation responsible for managing affordable homes and developments, including those run by local volunteers. Regardless of how many homes your CLT manages, you need suitable insurance cover to protect your people, your properties and the wider community.

What is CLT Insurance?

Having worked closely with housing providers for several years, we understand both your responsibilities and the risks you face.

CLT Insurance is an umbrella term for a range of policies that can be tailored to your individual needs.

It typically includes Employers' Liability Insurance, Buildings Insurance, Public & Property Liability Insurance and Management Liability Insurance. See more.

And, if something goes wrong, our experienced Claims team will help you manage the process. We will work with your insurer to protect your claims history wherever possible, so you only claim if you need to.

Why Should I Choose One Broker For CLT Insurance?

Not only are we an independent insurance broker, able to source the right cover from a range of insurers, but you can also trust that we’ve taken the time to understand your sector.

As a result, we have identified areas of risk that aren’t traditionally covered. For instance, your members may be held personally liable for claims made against them, which isn’t covered by Public or Employers' Liability Insurance.

We can include Management Liability Insurance (MLP) to address this insurance gap. MLP is made up of Directors & Officers (also known as Trustees) Liability, Company Legal Cover and Employment Practice Liability Insurance.

Our understanding of your organisation and claims history helps us to address the strife, stress and financial implications of individuals who have volunteered to help out on the committee if a resident or regulatory body decides to prosecute. 

We can also provide guidance on risk management to help you reduce the likelihood of claims in the first place. 

We do all of this for a competitive premium*, which your dedicated account manager will review each year, so you always get the best price.

Plus, we’re fervent believers in the benefits of CLTs. As a community-minded company, we aim to give back where we can. Over the years, we’ve supported a range of local organisations and charities close to our employees’ hearts – including St Martins Housing Trust and the Papworth Trust.

How Much Does CLT Insurance Cost?

The cost of premiums varies depending on the number of homes covered, your organisation’s activities and the roles of individuals.

As an independent broker, we search the market to find the best price for your CLT. 

Can you provide building warranties for new developments?

While One Broker is unable to arrange building warranties for new homes, our sister company, One Guarantee can help. We can, however, provide a range of indemnity insurance policies related to any property or land whether it be on a continued use basis or being developed.

*More than 90% of clients saved at least 10% on their overall premium between October 2017 and March 2020.

What our clients say