Contract Works Insurance is a vital consideration if you’re building or developing a property – whether you’re a homeowner, developer or contractor. Designed to protect you financially if the project is damaged or destroyed before completion, it covers the cost to repair or replace the work already completed.

    • Independent, experienced insurance broker
    • In-house Claims team 
    • Range of projects covered
    • Personal service
    • Flexible policies available

What does Contract Works Insurance cover?

Also known as Contractors All Risks Insurance, these policies cover the cost if things go wrong at your development. If there’s an incident that means the project is damaged or destroyed, the policy will cover debris removal and new materials as well as labour and tools. It means that the work can be reinstated without having to find additional funds.

Plus, it’s a flexible policy. It can be arranged on an annual basis (up to an agreed value of contracts) or as a single policy for a specified project. Where applicable, it can even be incorporated within a wider Contractors’ Combined Insurance policy, alongside Public Liability, Employers’ Liability, Plant cover and so on. 

What does Contractors All Risk Insurance cost?

The price of a policy varies depending on the size of the project and the tasks involved. Please contact the team for a bespoke quotation. 

Who needs Contractors All Risk Insurance?

Anyone responsible for the completion of a construction project, including property developers and contractors. At One Broker, we can also arrange Contract Works Insurance for homeowners and self-build projects, which is ideal if you are managing the construction, rather than a contractor. 

Is Contract Works Insurance the same as Contractors All Risks?

It is. The two names are used interchangeably. 

Do subcontractors need Contract Works Insurance?

No, only the main contractor or project manager will need to have cover for this.

Read more: Labour-only Subcontractors vs. Bonafide Subcontractors