We are looking for an experienced Personal Lines Account Handler to join our expanding team in Norwich.
Reporting to: Personal Lines Manager
Working hours: Full Time - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (30 minutes unpaid for lunch)
Providing comprehensive customer service to meet the insurance needs of our clients, while providing support to the Personal Lines team.
- Checking new policy documentation for accuracy and forwarding to clients or liaising with insurers
- Negotiating and inviting renewal of allocated clients' policies
- Ensuring all client records reflect the current risk-on-cover at all times, including accuracy of sums insured, perils, excesses, extensions and exclusions
- Provide administration support as and when required in obtaining new business quotations and arranging cover
- Processing mid-term adjustments and MID updates as required
- Processing quotes within SLA timescales
- Dealing with clients’ day-to-day enquiries, responding promptly and managing expectations
- Referring to relevant managers, account handlers and directors over any technical queries
- Providing support to team members to ensure client needs are met, particularly during peak periods or in times of holiday/absence
- Maintaining an effective diary/activity/task system
- Attain cross-sell/up-sell on policies
- Ensuring cover notes/green cards are issued where appropriate
- Collating meeting notes, documenting and completing actions as required
- Liaising with Claims department over claims queries/reports
- Creating all invoices and relevant credit notes for new business, renewals, mid-term adjustments etc., in line with the broking manual/company procedures.
- Ensuring a high level of customer service is achieved
- Maintaining work states, entering accurate information as required
- Completing any reasonable request made of you by a manager or director
- At least 2 years’ insurance experience
- To have completed core competencies within 6 months of joining and maintain up to date as required
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good IT skills are essential
- Ideally, the successful candidate will hold the Cert CII qualification or be working towards it.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please submit a copy of your CV along with covering letter stating your current salary to email@example.com