We are looking for a Personal Lines Account Handler to join our expanding team in Cambridge.
Reporting to: Personal Lines Team Manager
Working hours: Full Time - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (with one hour unpaid for lunch). Initially working full time in the office, a blend of office and home working will be available in line with the company Smart Working Policy on completion of probation.
- Providing a comprehensive customer service to meet the insurance needs of our clients, providing support to the Personal Lines team
- Checking new policy documentation for accuracy and forwarding to clients or liaising with insurers
- Negotiating and inviting renewal of allocated clients' policies
- Ensuring all client records reflect the current risk on cover at all-times, including accuracy of sums insured, perils, excesses, extensions and exclusions
- Provide administration support as and when required in obtaining new business quotations and arranging cover
- Processing mid-term adjustments and MID updates as required
- Processing quotes within SLA timescales
- Dealing with clients’ day-to-day enquiries, responding promptly and managing expectations
- Referring to relevant Managers, Account Handlers and Directors for any technical queries
- Providing support to team members to ensure client needs are met, particularly during peak periods or in times of holiday /absence
- Maintaining an effective diary / activity / task system
- Attaining cross-sell / up-sell on policies
- Ensuring cover notes / green cards are issued where appropriate
- Collating meeting notes, documenting and completing actions as required
- Liaising with the Claims department for claims queries / reports
- Creating all invoices and relevant credit notes for new business, renewals, mid-term adjustments, etc. in line with the Broking Manual / Company Procedures
- Ensuring a high level of customer service is achieved
- Maintaining work states and entering accurate and timely information as required
- Completing any reasonable request made of you by a Manager or Director
- At least 2 years’ insurance experience. Previous Household Insurance experience is desirable but not essential
- To have completed core competencies within 6 months of joining and maintain as required
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good IT skills are essential
- Ideally, the successful candidate will hold the Cert CII qualification or be working towards it
How to Apply
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please submit a copy of your CV along with covering letter stating your current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 in review
What a year it’s been! As 2023 draws to a close, our Managing Director looks back over some of our biggest achievements over the last 12 months
Christmas Opening Hours
With Christmas close upon us, find out more about our festive opening hours.