We are looking for an experienced Claims Handler to join our claims team based in Norwich.
Reports to: Claims Manager
Working Hours: Full Time, working Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Initially working full time in the office, hybrid working will be available in line with the company Smart Working Policy on completion of probation.
We are looking for an experienced Claims Technician to join our claims team in Norwich. The successful candidate will have experience in dealing with motor claims.
- Recording new and managing existing clients claims.
- Dealing with clients’ and insurers’ telephone, post or email claim queries on a daily basis.
- Liaising and negotiating with insurers, clients and adjusters regarding the progress of claims.
- Providing suitable advice to clients regarding claims or potential claims in relation to policy cover, immediate and ongoing post-loss action, and keeping clients informed of progress.
- Advising clients on how to handle small claims themselves where these fall within the policy excess.
- Preparing claims reports for the Broking Technician / Account Handler or Account / Broking Executive for discussion at mid-term and annual reviews with clients.
- Attending claims meetings at clients’ premises with Account / Broking Executive or unaccompanied if required.
- Liaising with the Claims Manager, Account Executives, Broking Technicians, Account Handlers and Directors over any queries relating to policy cover in relation to a claim.
- Identifying potential problems or contentious claims as soon as they are reported, or when issues occur, to the Group Technical Claims Manager and providing updates on claims progress.
- Providing assistance to colleagues with workloads and client queries.
- Maintaining an effective diary system and chasing outstanding diaries.
- Providing claims statistics / information to management as and when required.
- Attending and contributing towards claims team meetings.
- Ensuring a high level of customer service is achieved.
- Maintaining work states, entering accurate information as required.
- Completing any reasonable request made of you by a Manager or Director.
- At least 2 years’ claims experience.
- To have completed core competencies within 6 months of joining and maintain up to date as required.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Good IT skills are essential.
- Ideally, the successful candidate will hold the Cert CII qualification or be working towards it.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please submit a copy of your CV along with a covering letter stating your current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Torque Bike Case Study: RDS Motorcycles
When RDS Motorcycles started looking for Business Insurance, they found it difficult to get cover. Read on to discover how the Torque Bike team helped
We’re now sponsors of Cambridge Rugby Club!
We’re delighted to announce that we’re sponsoring Cambridge Rugby Club for the upcoming season. Read on to learn more.