We are looking for an experienced Account Handler to join our corporate team in Norwich.
Reports to: Corporate Team Leader
Working Hours: Full time, working Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (with one hour unpaid for lunch).
Initially working full time in the office, a blend of office and home working will be available in line with the company Smart Working Policy upon completion of probation.
- Work planning: demonstrating the ability to plan and organise effectively in order to meet deadlines, successfully managing workload and priorities, assessing when additional support may be required and requested from a Manager or Director
- Ensuring all documents and correspondence are attached into the company system
- Attaining cross-sell / up-sell on policies
- Checking new policy documentation for accuracy and forwarding to clients or liaising with insurers
- Negotiating and inviting the renewal of allocated clients' policies
- Ensuring all client records reflect the current risk on cover at all-times, including accuracy of sums insured, perils, excesses, extensions and exclusions
- Provide administrative support for Account Executives as and when required when obtaining new business quotations and arranging cover
- Processing mid-term adjustments and quarterly declarations
- Dealing with clients’ day-to-day enquiries, responding promptly and managing expectations
- Referring to relevant Account Executives, Broking Technicians / Account handlers and Directors for any technical queries
- Providing support to team members to ensure client needs are met, particularly during peak periods or in times of holiday /absence.
- Maintaining an effective diary system
- Ensuring cover notes are issued where appropriate
- Creating a pre-renewal register for clients' review as requested
- Liaising with the Claims team for claims queries / reports
- Creating all invoices and relevant credit notes for new business, renewals, mid-term adjustments, etc. in line with the Broking Manual
- Actioning meeting minutes from Account Executives and updating the system accordingly
- If requested, obtaining claims experience, renewal information, and gaining and presenting terms to Account Executives or clients as agreed
- Business awareness: demonstrating an understanding of how your department operates together with the aims and objectives of the company
- Assisting in the training of new employees
- Completion of any reasonable request made of you by a Manager or Director
- At least 2 years’ experience working within Commercial Insurance
- Working knowledge of Acturis would be useful but not essential
- Good IT skills are essential
- Ideally, the successful candidate will hold the Cert CII qualification or be working towards it.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.