We are looking for an experienced account handler to join our commercial team working within the small business unit. The successful candidate will have experience in commercial insurance including dealing with Liability and Property covers.
THIS VACANCY HAS CLOSED
Reporting to: Commercial Renewals Manager
Working hours: This is a full-time position, working 37.5 hours per week.
- Processing smaller commercial renewals, including e-trade renewals through the Acturis platform
- Ensuring all documents and correspondence are added to the company system
- Attaining cross-sell / up-sell on policies
- Checking new policy documentation for accuracy and forwarding to clients or liaising with insurers
- Inviting renewal of allocated client’s policies
- Ensuring all client records reflect the current risk on cover at all times, including accuracy of sums insured, perils, excesses, extensions and exclusions
- Providing administration support for account executives as and when required in obtaining new business quotations and arranging cover.
- Processing mid-term adjustments and quarterly declarations
- Dealing with clients’ day-to-day enquiries on a daily basis, responding promptly and managing expectations
- Referring to relevant account executives, account handlers and directors over any technical queries
- Providing support to team members to ensure client needs are met, particularly during peak periods or in times of holiday/absence
- Maintaining an effective diary system
- Ensuring cover notes are issued where appropriate
- Liaising with the Claims department over claims queries/reports
- Creating all invoices and relevant credit notes for new business, renewals, mid-term adjustments etc., in line with the Broking Manual.
- Successfully manage workload and priorities, assess when additional support may be required and request from a Manager or Director
- At least 2 years’ experience working within commercial insurance
- Working knowledge of Acturis would be useful but not essential
- Good IT skills are essential
- Ideally, the successful candidate will hold the Cert CII qualification or be working towards it.