Farm Insurance

Specialist Sectors

With our historic local roots we have been arranging arable, livestock and mixed farms combined insurance policies for decades so have a great range of knowledge to help you get the right cover to meet your farming needs.

We can support you with advice and cost options to ensure you get a policy that is perfect for your business.

  • Livestock Insurance - there is nothing worse for farmers than the loss of livestock and this can occur for many reasons whether loss occurs due to fire, electrocution, disease, fatal injury or theft. Insurance cover can include compensation for the loss of the animal and can also include vet’s fees following injury or disease
  • Buildings and Equipment cover - whether you’re a smallholding or a commercial farm, we can provide cover you need for your buildings, stock, produce, fertilizer, chemicals, machinery, portable tools, and other essential equipment
  • Household Buildings and Contents - if your accommodation is the farmhouse or if you have a portfolio of rented properties, the cost-effective way of arranging cover is to include them in your Farm Combined Policy which means that everything is kept neatly together in one document with one renewal date
  • Loss of Revenue - adequate cover on Produce, following loss or damage, protects your income for the current year. However, damage to buildings and plant can result in interruption to your business which can have a longer-lasting effect. Loss of Revenue cover is available as an alternative and would protect your business as a whole, so that you don’t need to insure Produce separately, the increased cost of hiring replacement plant, such as a combine harvester, can also be included
  • Public and Employers’ liability - farms and farming equipment can present a real danger to members of the public both on the premises or whilst carrying out agricultural contracting. Other activities such as arranging shoots, offering fishing rights and public rights of way can result in liabilities being incurred. Unfortunately, fatalities are not uncommon making Public Liability insurance essential in addition to compulsory Employers Liability insurance if you have employees
  • Environmental Liability - accidentally contaminating soil or water on your land or the surrounding land will make you liable for the clean-up costs which can be substantial. Environmental Liability insurance can help cover this
  • Hail - crops can be devastated by hail, fortunately, cover is available to help with this

Speak directly to our team on 01223 1925501 / 01284 413340

Send an Enquiry
key contacts
  • Jo Howes
    Jo Howes
    Senior Account Handler
  • Mark Stratton
    Commercial Director
Key cover
  • We are able to provide cover for your whole insurance portfolio including, but not limited to:

    • ≻ Livestock Insurance
    • ≻ Buildings and Equipment cover
    • ≻ Household Buildings and Contents
    • ≻ Loss of Revenue
    • ≻ Public and Employers’ liability
    • ≻ Environmental Liability
    • ≻ Hail
ob logo

We see Rob and his team as integral to our businesses and brands. We trust them to provide the best advice and service for our needs. I regularly endorse One Broker to my colleagues in the industry and am happy to say I have never heard bad feedback from this, we wish Rob, his team all the very best

- Manchester Medical Services -
ob logo

We have been happy to have had One Broker as our insurance provider for the last 3 years and I cannot fault the personal service we receive. They know the independent ambulance sector, they understand our business and they have negotiated terms with insurers above and beyond our expectations.

- MET Medical Ltd -
ob logo

I was really impressed with the service and quote and am always happy to recommend One Broker

- GCS Medical Services Ltd -