We are looking for an experienced Claims Technician to join our team at Cambridge Research Park.
Reporting to: Claims Manager
Working Hours: Full Time: Working Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (30 minutes unpaid for lunch).
Contract: This is a 12-month fixed-term contract.
- Recording new and managing existing client claims
- Dealing with clients’ and insurers’ telephone, post or email claim queries on a daily basis
- Liaising and negotiating with insurers, clients and adjusters regarding the progress of claims
- Providing suitable advice to clients regarding claims or potential claims in relation to policy cover and immediate and ongoing post-loss action and keeping clients informed of progress.
- Advising clients on how to handle small claims themselves where these fall within the policy excess
- Preparing claims reports for Broking Technician/Account Handler or Account/Broking Executive for discussion at mid-term and annual reviews with clients
- Attending claims meetings at clients’ premises with Account/Broking Executive or unaccompanied if required
- Liaising with Claims Manager, Account Executives, Broking Technicians/Account Handlers and Directors over any queries relating to policy cover in relation to a claim
- Identifying potential problem or contentious claims as soon as reported or when issues occur to Group Technical Claims Manager and providing updates on claims progress
- Providing assistance to colleagues with workloads/client queries
- Maintaining an effective diary system and chasing outstanding diaries
- Providing claims statistics/information to management as and when required
- Attending and contributing to Claims team meetings.
- Ensuring a high level of customer service is achieved
- Maintaining work states, entering accurate information timely as required
- Completing any reasonable request made of you by a manager or director
- At least 2 years’ claims experience
- To have completed core competencies within 6 months of joining and maintain up-to-date as required
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good IT skills are essential
- Ideally the successful candidate will hold the Cert CII qualification or be working towards it.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please submit a copy of your CV along with covering letter stating your current salary to email@example.com